Happy New Year everyone!
As you are probably very well aware, I took a hiatus from November through now. While I would have liked to say that it was because I was doing some cool blog /redesign or that I had gone on some epic adventure, if I told you that I’d be a big fat liar.
What it really came down to was time management and prioritization. After finishing up my first quarter of grad school I can officially say that it’s much harder than I thought it was going to be – especially at finals time. I overestimated my amount of free time and underestimated my work load which left me exhausted, uninspired, and with no desire to pick up a book or fully think through a review.
Now my initial thought was to give up and re-assess once I’ve finished grad-school. However it dawned on me while I was sitting in Christmas shopping traffic that I will never not have things going on in life. Which is kind of an “umm duh” kind of statement, but it was a game changer for me. Therefore…
My Blog/Book Goals for 2017:
- 2-3 posts per week: I want to provide my readers with interesting, relevant content that helps accomplish my purpose of seeing stories every where.
- Content should be posted on M/W/F
- Will feature a combination of book reviews, my “Letters to Myself” series, and other literary content.
- Diversity of Genres/Categories: One of my biggest goals for 2017 is to read a variety of books meant for a variety of audiences. How can you give a good book recommendation to a a sci-fi lover if you’ve only ever read historical fiction? While I will inadvertently read some of my favorites, I want to expand my horizons.
- Don’t buy as many books: I know, I know. This seems counterintuitive for a book blogger. However, I am the number one offender of buying books and with every intention of reading them only to purchase more books my next time through the book store leaving the first one’s unread. Anyone else out there?! My roommate and I have a completely stuffed bookcase that I’m going to try and work my way through this year!
Let me know if you have anything you’d like to see or for me to read in the new year. I’m excited to read through 2017 with all of you!